South Pickenham Village

The village is about 4 miles south east of Swaffham and 2 miles from its sister village North Pickenham, in the Breckland area of Norfolk. The village is centered on South Pickenham Hall, still the landlord for much of the village. The original hall was designed by William Donthorne but between 1902 and 1905 architect Robert Weir Chultz extensively rebuilt and enlarged the hall.  

The historic church, All Saints, is one of only 124 existing round-tower churches in Norfolk.

 

Comments are closed.